Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Christmas Stamping All Year Long - Challenge #30


So this is my 2nd week in a row to do a card for the Christmas Stamping All Year Long Blog and it was alittle easier this time around. This week was a sketch challenge from Maria, one of the team members. You should see the designs these women come up with! Wow, I feel very fortunate that they even let me link a post to their site. Anywho, I had such a good idea and then BAM, I realized I didn't have all the TOOLS I needed yet again. I yelled out to my Husband, "I need more JustRite Stamps!" and all I heard was laughter. I made do with what I had and then didn't have enough letters to do "Dashing through the snow". I yelled to my husband yet again, "now I need more JustRite letter stamps" and he just kept laughing. By the way, I did kick him out of my stamping area this week. I'm just lucky it wasn't Saturday night or he would have done a card as well. He is my photographer though and he's learning more each time I need to take a picture or two.


As for the materials, I used cardstock from Stampin Up and I used 2-sided cardstock called Nordic Deer from Cloud9Design. I LOVE reindeer at Christmas! I got out my Cuttlebug and used my NEW Spellbinder large oval and large scallop dies for the large oval and then used my small oval punch from Stampin Up. I also used a rub-on from Stampin Up in the corner from last year's Christmas collection and 2 brads from yet again, Stampin Up. My ribbon came from American Crafts, which I believe is at Michael's.


Now I have to go clean my stamp room and then off to bed. I wish I could stay home tomorrow and stamp some more!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

You did a great job on the challenge this week! I love that reindeer paper. I've got some of it and have never brought it out though.

Maria said...

Can I say "wow" or what! Your card is fantastic Deanne! I love that DP that you used. . .it's beautiful. The reindeer gives your card a very elegant card. Thank you for playing in the Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge!! Keep up the beautiful work!

maria

Janine said...

Nicely done!